Solving Identity by changing the way we connect and share.
- Connecting the World, Your Way
- At Resplice, we believe that connecting with others should always be your choice. We're on a mission to redefine personal connections, putting you in control of your data and your interactions.
- Empowering Personal Connections with Transparency and Control
- In a world where privacy is paramount, Resplice stands out as a platform that values your data as much as you do. We envision a future where connecting with friends, family, colleagues, and even businesses is effortless and secure. With Resplice, you can create meaningful connections without compromising your privacy.
- Your Privacy, Your Rules
- Resplice is more than just a connection platform; it's a reflection of your preferences. We offer a central profile where you can manage emails, social media accounts, phone numbers, addresses, and shared credentials. But here's the twist - you decide who sees what. With selective sharing, you have the power to customize your profile for different connections.
- Effortless Connections
- We want to make connecting with other people, businesses, & services as easy as possible. Marrying ease of use and security is key to our mission of creating a world-class connection experience.
- Community and Trust
- Resplice values the trust of its user community and seeks to foster a sense of community among its users. Building trust through transparency, security, and user-focused services is a core value.
- Identity is a fundamental human right. Resplice values inclusivity, ensuring that its platform is accessible to a diverse range of users, regardless of their backgrounds, abilities, or preferences.
Meet our leadership
We're two founders who are passionate and ultra-focused on solving the identity problem and creating a platform that empowers people to connect and share on their terms.
Marcus has also spent his entire career (over 5 years) building web applications and data systems for a few companies. Data interoperability between customers has always been an issue for companies and is costing them millions to intake, verify its correctness, and clean for internal usage and insights.
Chad has spent the majority of his career (over 20 years) building web applications for various companies. At every company, there was a struggle to ensure we had people's up-to-date information. We used custom and off-the-shelf CRMs. No matter what we used, there was bad data.